The heart, known as one of the most important parts of the human body unceasingly pumps life giving blood to every part of our being. Every vein brings with it impure blood straight to the heart and every artery that springs forth faithfully carries pure blood to every part, no matter how big or small. It is the life source of the body and if it stops, the body stops with it.
Yet, the interesting fact is every human is not just a body, not just a combination of muscles, tissues, veins, nerves, cells, etc that make up a walking, talking, thinking creature. There is also the soul and its life source? God the Father.
iHe does not faint or grow weary and constantly keeps watch over his people. iiHe so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. For this great love iiiChrist bore the sin of many upon Himself in exchange for life in abundance.
Alas! Just as the soft but steady “Lub Dub” of the heart goes unnoticed, so does the Father’s voice get easily ignored. As we walk our way on this earth, just as our arteries get clogged due to unhealthy habits, our relationship with ‘The Abba‘ is strained by the choices we make, until we seem to have lost all hope, just waiting for the inevitable, Death.
Does this mean that as long as we are human, there’s no way of a true and genuine relationship with The Father? It may seem that we are fighting a losing battle, but the truth is far from it. For our ivGod is mighty in battle and is va shield for those who find refuge in Him. Just as our heart pumps faster and harder in the midst of difficulties, so does the King of Heaven reach down even more to embrace His children. viHe who has a mighty arm, has and will never stop at anything to win over souls to Himself.
So though the storms only seem to worsen, or the righteous path seems to be taking its toll on us. Though we seem to be so lost in darkness and so numb with pain, it will do much good to remember that our Father God doesn’t just wait, doesn’t just call but reaches out to be one with the core of our being and fills us with His grace to respond to Him. For He says
vii“Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking; if you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to you and eat with you, and you with me”.
It’s an invitation. It is time we stopped looking through the peephole and actually opened that door.
1. Isaiah 40: 28 “Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable”
2. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life”
3. Isaiah 53:12 “Therefore I will allot him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he poured out himself to death, and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.”
4. Psalm 24:8 “Who is the King of glory? The Lord, strong and mighty, the Lord, mighty in battle.”
5. Psalm 18:30 “This God—his way is perfect; the promise of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all who take refuge in him.”
6. Psalm 89:13 “You have a mighty arm; strong is your hand, high your right hand.”
7. “Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking; if you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to you and eat with you, and you with me”