CFCI organized it’s first ever program exclusively for the men of our community titled ‘Knights Of the Cross‘ from 1st – 3rd April 2016 at St. Joseph Vaz Spiritual Renewal Center, Old Goa.
Around 30 single boys along with their male household servants and formators attended the program. The service team comprised of Tito’s from the Bangalore community along with a few singles and youth from Goa.
We learnt about God’s plan for us, that we are called to be pastors, protectors, providers and procreators in our families.
We found out that as men, we cry too. Violence, delinquency, hyperactivity, pleasure seeking, addictions and suicide to name a few- are some of our cries as we search for love.
Through a deeply personal one-to-one session, we were able to delve into our lives and bring to the light the various hurts we had suffered and their entry points. Along with our group facilitators, we used the 5 keys taught to us: Repentance and Faith, Forgiveness, Renouncing the enemy, Standing in Christ’s authority and Receiving the Father’s blessing – to experience a new freedom in Jesus.
What’s a knight without his armour?
Next, we were given some tools to overcome temptations, be victorious daily on the battlefield and to strive towards Christian perfection. These included: the sacraments, scripture reading, holy rosary, adoration, prayer and mortification.
We also learnt about vocation and discernment and how we need to approach making important decisions in our life.
We pledged to live up to what we learnt during the program and be there for our brothers by being supportive, loving, caring and always available to lend a listening ear and a helping hand.
KOTC was an incredibly amazing weekend. Something above and beyond anything we could ever dream of. Not forgetting the amazing barbeque and jam session on the second night, on the whole, it was a wonderful time of brotherhood, bonding and getting ready for battle.
The words of St. Josemaria Escriva made a profound impact on my life during this conference:
“Don’t say, ‘That’s the way I am – It’s my character.’
It’s your lack of character. Esto vir! – Be a man!”
For further reading on the different topics discussed at the program, you could check,
- Unbound: A Practical Guide to Deliverance by Neal Lozano
- How to Discover Your Vocation: Marriage, Priesthood, Consecrated Life, Permanent Diaconate, Single Life (Youth) by Fr. Stephen Wang
- Theology of the Body for Beginners: A Basic Introduction to Pope John Paul II’s Sexual Revolution, Revised Edition by Christopher West
- Behold the Man: A Catholic Vision of Male Spirituality by Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers (Audio)
- Pure Manhood by Jason Evert (Audio)
- Mulieris Dignitatem by St. John Paul II
- Chastity Project by Jason and Crystalina Evert
- What’s My Vocation? by Fr. Mike Schmitz
- How To Discern by Fr. Mike Schmitz
- You are Precious to Me by Fr. Augustine valooran
If you were a part of this program then do share your experience in the comment section below.